COVID-19 Safety Information
Please note the Royal Court building is currently closed to the general public.
The Royal Court is taking the necessary measures to ensure the safety of audiences, performers and staff who visit the building and has been granted the Society Of London Theatre & UK Theatre’s ‘See It Safely‘ mark. This mark certifies that we are complying with the latest Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, to ensure the safety of our staff and audiences.
Some of the measures we have implemented include:
- Operating at a reduced capacity and observing Government legislation in regards to social distancing between all staff and visitors. Only ticket holders and staff will be permitted onsite.
- Enhanced daily cleaning procedures as well as specific touch point cleaning before, in between and after performances.
- Ensuring the mandatory wearing of face coverings when moving through the building
- Improving the air-flow in our building by increasing fan speeds and running the full air-handling system during and outside the building operating hours.
- Installing a one-way system for all persons within the building. All patrons will be guided by staff.
- Situating hand sanitiser stations throughout the building as well as outside for arrival and departure
- Creating a specific team of Health and Safety Covid Operations Officers are onsite at all times.
What happens if I feel ill and can’t use my ticket?
Please do not attend the venue if you
- believe you may be infected with COVID-19;
- have experienced symptoms in the last 14 days;
- have been in close proximity to anyone who has experienced symptoms in the last 14 days;
- have arrived in England in the last 14 days and are not covered by the exemption rules relating to self-isolation; or
- have been instructed to self-isolate.
In any of the above circumstances we will offer a refund on your booking.
We are utilising the Government’s Test and Trace scheme and in-line with GDPR, take details of all visitors that visit the building, enabling us to contact people if required.