Circle Mirror Transformation (Haggerston)
Five lost people come together at a community centre class to try and find some meaning in their lives. Counting to ten can be harder than you think.
Over six tangled weeks their lives become knotted together in this tender and funny play.
Cast: Toby Jones, Imelda Staunton, Shannon Tarbet, Danny Webb, Fenella Woolgar
‘Absorbing, unblinking and sharply funny.’ New York Times
Circle Mirror Transformation won the 2010 Obie Award for Best New Play and was voted one of the top ten plays of 2009 by the New York Times, Time Out and the New Yorker.
Performances take place at the Rose Lipman building
Annie Baker’s credits include The Aliens (Rattlestick Playwrights Theater, The Bush, Obie Award for Best New American Play), The Flick (Playwrights Horizons, Susan Smith Blackburn Award, Obie Award for Playwriting), Body Awareness (Atlantic Theater Company), and an adaptation of Uncle Vanya (Soho Rep), for which she also designed the costumes.
James Macdonald directs. His previous credits at the Royal Court include Love and Information, Cock, Drunk Enough to Say I Love You, Dying City, Fewer Emergencies, Lucky Dog, Blood, Blasted, 4.48 Psychosis (including European/US tours). He last directed Imelda Staunton in A Delicate Balance at the Almeida. His production of Love and Information will be produced by the New York Theater Workshop in 2014.
Age guidance 14+
Running Time: 1 hour, 55 minutes approx.
Circle Mirror Transformation is part of Theatre Local, and will take place at the Rose Lipman Building, 43 De Beauvoir Rd, N1 5SQ. The closest station is Haggerston.
Box Office will open at 7pm on site.
Directions to the Rose Lipman Building from Haggerston Overground (walking):
Click here for a map.
1. Turn right out of the station and head west along Lee Road
2. Turn right onto Kingsland Road
3. Take the first left onto Downham Road
4. Take the second left onto De Beauvoir Road
5. The Rose Lipman Building is immediately on your right.
6. PLEASE NOTE: There are two entrances to the Rose Lipman Building. One on De Beauvoir Road and the other through a green archway marked De Beauvoir Estate further along De Beauvoir Road. Please go to the entrance through the green archway. There will be signs to make this clear.
Parking: Pay & display parking is available 8am – 6pm, Parking is free after 6pm
Choose a date
Press Night Show all