8 Key Principles
The Open Court Programme places at the heart of our practice; space to spark and advance the creative potential in everyone. Our work is centred around 8 key principles.
- Create access to theatre as a right, not a privilege: to spark imagination, curiosity & life-long access to the arts
- Thread and embed new writing & writers: all work delivered through this lens, writing as a process in its own right
- Ignite the creative potential in everyone: working across communities and with young people
- Support freelance artists, creating opportunities for new, early career and existing artists.
- Making the Theatre and influencing the Education sector to become more reflective of our society: creating viable pathways into the theatre industry and interrogating recruitment processes
- Taking civic responsibility: proactively contributing to the recovery and rebuilding of our local and wider pan-London communities to ensure climate justice is an active part of all our programmes.
- Advocating and taking accountability for practice: with partnerships and participants (challenging all forms of oppression)
- Participative co creation: working holistically, in partnership to co create projects outside and inside (working across departments) at the Royal Court.